Happy Birthday to me! You guys? This was the fastest year of my entire LIFE. Anyone else feel like the last 12 months FLEW? If it keeps going like this, we’ll be posting about my college graduation next week…
So, what’s new? I’m almost completely done with formula, and I only drink from a bottle at bedtime. I am *thisclose* to walking, and I talk ALL the time…but not in English. My favorite toys are whatever Cole is currently playing with, and I like to follow him wherever he is going. Mommy calls me Baby Destructo because I pull down *everything* I can get my hands on.
I have my 12 month check up with Dr. Andy tomorrow, so I’m not really sure about my stats, but I think I’m a little over 21 pounds. I’m starting to grow out of my 12 months clothes, but Mommy is trying to make them last so we don’t have to buy too much new stuff before spring.
Baby Center time!
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Imitates others’ activities – I copy everything Cole does.
- Indicates wants with gestures – If by gestures you mean screaming at the top of my lungs and wildly reaching for what I want.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Takes a few steps – I take one or two steps a few times a day, but I haven’t gotten very far yet.
- Says one word besides “mama” or “dada” - Notsomuch.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Walks alone – Nope.
- Scribbles with a crayon – Sometimes – mostly I just nibble on them, though.
- Says two words besides “mama” or “dada” – English words? I say “sheh-sheh” all the time; that’s “thank you” in Chinese, so, you know, I’m bilingual…
We’re having a small family birthday party for me on Saturday, so I’ll be back to share some pics after that – have a great weekend!
P. S. It’s my birthday! Wanna make my day? Just give a little click to vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs! And, local friends, if you have any hand-me-downs in size 18 months, we’d love them!