Lulu is growing so fast! She got a few new teeth this month, can walk now, and is almost ready to run. She loves to play with me! Still not so many words, but she babbles like crazy and LOVES to dance and listen to music. We have to go visit Dr. Andy on Thursday for a follow up because he wasn’t happy with her head circumference of all things. She has kind of a small head, so he just wants to monitor to make sure it’s growing correctly.
Ugh – 13 months takes us onto a whole new Baby Center chart; before we know it, Lulu is going to be 3 and done with monthly check-ins entirely!
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Uses two words skillfully (e.g., “hi” and “bye”) – Notsomuch. She still just uses baby talk.
- Bends over and picks up an object – Yup! She loves carrying things around while she’s walking.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Enjoys gazing at his reflection – She *loves* looking at herself in the mirror. She really likes checking out family photos, too.
- Holds out arm or leg to help you dress him – Yes – she pushes her arm through sleeves, and holds up her feet for socks.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Combines words and gestures to make needs known – She doesn’t use words, but Lulu has NO trouble communicating..
- Rolls a ball back and forth – We love this game!