I don’t even know how I let more than a week go by before posting my 3 Year Milestone Post… apologies. I also have to post about our AMAZING family beach vacation and going to see dinosaurs!
Anyway. Three years old – is that crazy to anyone else? Or just Mommy? Next week, I’ll be starting preschool (and I’m SO excited, let me tell you), and I’m so much more of a KID than a baby. I can drink from a regular cup, I’ve ditched daytime diapers, and I sleep in a twin bed – no rail or anything! I only sleep in that bed at night – I dropped naps completely long ago, and won’t even consider one unless I happen to fall asleep in the car after a particularly exciting activity. Mommy thinks I look SO big, but Dr. Andy doesn’t really agree; I’m still on the small side at 28 pounds and *almost* 36 inches. I may be tiny, but I have BIG personality. I make friends everywhere we go, and will start a conversation with anyone – in my own head, I’m famous.
So far? Mommy is notsomuch loving three; it seems I didn’t leave the terrible of Terrible Twos so far behind! She is *hoping* that one of the first things I learn in preschool is listening, because I have been making some Bad Choices. (For example, I stuffed my underwear into the opening in our bass speaker.)
We nee to check in with BabyCenter one last time:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Describes how two objects are used – Yes.
- Uses 3 to 4 words in a sentence – SO many words. All the time. In paragraphs.
- Names two actions (e.g. skipping, jumping) – Very much.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Hops and skips – Hops, skips, runs, jumps, somersaults.
- Follows a two or three part command – I *can* – whether I do or not is dependent on my mood.
- Separates fairly easily from parents – Again, this one *totally* depends on my mood.
- Rides a tricycle – Yup, but I don’t always want to pedal.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Balances on each foot for 3 seconds each – No problem. Not even a challenge, Baby Center.
- Gets dressed without help – Not really – but I *love* to get naked and I need no assistance there.