I came on to post without even realizing it was my 35 month day… I’ve been a serious blog slacker and I’m making a resolution now to work on getting better – no promises, though. I’m sort of lacking in inspiration at the moment so if you have any questions for me or Lulu or Mommy, leave them in the comments – or shoot us an email – maybe we’ll do a vlog!
I’m going to keep this paragraph very brief because this information is the kind of thing that I might be *very* embarassed about being on the interwebz in about 10 years: I have officially kicked my diaper addiction (well, except at night, but that’s a whole different thing). Mommy banned Pampers in the house last Monday, and by this weekend I was even wearing my big boy underwear on our day trips.
We went to a kite festival this weekend, which was right up my alley. I made a lite and then practiced flying it for a few hours… Do you know how to fly a kite? It involves a LOT of running – we went to a big field and I ran back and forth for AGES. You’d think that would tire me out, but notsomuch.
We also went to my very first movie this weekend – a matinee of Brave. I sort of loudly narrated the first few minutes, but then I settled in and I really liked it!
I am wearing 24 months or 2T, but those 2Ts will last me a superlong time – I’m weighing in about 28 pounds and 34-ish inches tall.
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Describes how two objects are used – I *never* stop talking and lots of times I narrate what Mommy and I are doing – that’s a lot of describing what things do.
- Uses 3 to 4 words in a sentence – Snort. “Mommy, where are we going today?” SIX words. Boom.
- Names two actions (e.g. skipping, jumping) – Yes: running, jumping, swimming, skiing, crawling, standing…
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Hops and skips – Yup.
- Follows a two or three part command – Well, sometimes – it depends on if I’m in a listening and following directions type mood.
- Separates fairly easily from parents – Again, this one *totally* depends on my mood.
- Rides a tricycle – Yes! I learned to pedal this weekend!
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Balances on each foot for 3 seconds each – I’ve these physical challenges NAILED. I would rock on Family Double Dare if it still existed. Does anyone else remember Marc Summers before he was on the Food Network?
- Gets dressed without help – Never tried – I have people for that.