Lulu is full on *halfway* to her first birthday. Seriously!
Anyway. She has 2 bottom teeth and is working on a top one – and she REALLY wants to use them… She will watch you like a *hawk* while you’re eating, but Mommy says she’s still too little to share. We’re waiting for her to be able to sit by herself before we start her on solids as per the Baby Led Weaning suggestion. Remember how I skipped purees? Lulu will be starting food that way as well.
Poor Lulu is *such* a cliched second child. Mommy hardly pays any attention to her at all – does SHE have her own blog? No. Yeah, yeah, Mommy, we’re all moving to anew family blog – except when will that actually happen? We all go to the pool, and Mommy gets Lulu all stashed away in her bucket to take a nap and then comes to swim with me – Lulu only gets to swim a teeny little bit at a time. *I* swim for HOURS.
Lulu is in size 3 diapers, and just about in 9 month clothes. She is 16 pounds 7 ounces, and 26ish inches tall: 61st percentile each. Her head is in the 22nd percentile, so she’s still a little pin-head-y… good thing she’s got those chubby cheeks!
Lets check in with BabyCenter:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Turns toward sounds and voices – Yup.
- Imitates sounds – Hmmm. If “most kids” can do this, Lulu must be able to – we just, um, haven’t really noticed.
- Rolls over in both directions – She can roll across a room in about 2 minutes.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Is ready for solid foods – Soon! As I already mentioned, she wants them SO much!
- Sits without support – Almost… she tries to sit up on her own, too.
- Mouths objects – All the time. I keep telling her my toys aren’t food! But, umm, I still put random objects in my mouth, too, so I guess I can’t blame her.
- Passes objects from hand to hand – Yes. Manipulating toys is maybe Lulu’s favorite hobby.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Lunges forward or starts crawling – She lunges, but really that only gets her off her play mat and trapped under the coffee table. Lulu’s not crawling anywhere and that’s TOTALLY okay with Mommy!
- Jabbers or combines syllables – Yes! Lulu *loves* to tell stories.
- Drags objects toward herself – She rolls over to the objects – she doesn’t have Go Go Gadget arms or anything.