It’s time again to see how I measure up to the expected milestones from Baby Center.
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Eats with fingers – Maybe because of BLW, but I’ve been eating with my fingers for-ev-er. I don’t actually like to eat with them anymore – I want to use my fork! (except cookies… I’ll make an exception for cookies)
- Empties containers of contents – My toy bucket, Mommy’s purse, Henry’s dog dish; yup, this one’s a big check!
- Imitates others – a little bit, I guess. I’m actually not sure about this one.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Toddles well – Toddles? Yeah, right – I *run* now – especially if I’ve stolen something I’m not supposed to have… I guess I do imitate Henry!
- Initiates games – Sure. I like to play games with Henry and Mommy all the time.
- Points to one body part when asked – I can point to my nose and my eyes and my ears… sometimes. if I’m in the mood.
- Responds to instructions (e.g., “give me a kiss”) – I’m great at this! I open and close doors for Mommy, put my toys in the bucket, and give kisses.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Uses a fork or spoon – Definitely! I refuse to eat without my fork – and I do *not* want anyone’s help. Ask Mommy about last Wednesday’s Battle Yogurt. She’s only buying the drinkable kind for awhile.
- Matches lids with appropriate containers – Not even a little. I don’t think I own anything with lids, so now I’ll have to get some to practice with…
- Pushes and pulls toys while walking – Sort of. I like to drag stuff behind me, but mostly I’d rather pick things up and carry them.
I haven’t been to the doctor since September, but at that point I was 29″ tall and weighed 19lbs, 9oz. I’m still wearing mostly 12 month clothes with some 9 month (and 6 month!) stuff mixed in.