You know what stinks? Getting to the register and seeing that your coupon expired *yesterday* – OR coming home and finding a coupon for the item you *just* bought. BUT! When the stars align and you get a great deal? Wahoo! Which is why Mommy keeps a baggy of coupons in our already overstuffed diaper bag.
Let’s break it down:
Two 23.2 ounce cans of Similac Advance Early Shield Formula
- normally $26.99 each
- on sale for $22.49
- coupon for $4 off when you buy 2
- promotion of $5 gift card when you buy 2
- Mommy hate, hate, HATES buying formula, so saving $18 (when you factor in the $5 gift card) is AWESOME.
Eight pouches of yummy Plum Organics Fruit Mashes (You know what’s a great treat? Mommy puts these in the freezer and then throws them in the bag when we go to the pool – by the time I’m ready for a snack, these are a great slushy!)
- normally $1.29 each
- promotion of 8 for $8
- savings = $2.32, which might not sound like a lot, but it means I get an extra pouch!
One box of Annie’s Baked Cheese Bunny Crackers
- normally $4.89
- coupon $5 any Babies R ‘Us item (rewards, yo!)
- Ummmmm, they PAID me $0.11 to take their bunnies! Yummy cheesy bunny goodness in my tummy FOR FREE
Mommy feels a little bit like a rock star… Of course she went on to blow that $20 (and more) at Carter’s, but you *know* she had coupons there, too (and 40% off! and clearance sales!), AND it can’t be helped – I’m outgrowing the clothes I have… too many slushy fruit pouches and cheddar bunnies, maybe!