Yesterday was my 15 monthday – how crazy is that? I just visited Dr. Andy so he could check my mouth after I face planted off a bench, so I have updated weight if not my other stats. I currently tip the scales at a little over 21 pounds, and I’m mostly wearing size 18 month clothes. I need to get some new shoes; Mommy just noticed that I’ve worn holes through the bottom of my silver mice!
My very favorite thing is whatever Cole is doing at any given moment. He is the best big brother EVER, and I just want to be wherever he is. If Daddy tries to go somewhere with Cole and not me, I stand at the door and cry. I have a very ineffectual stampy dance of frustration when things do not go my way, and I’m becoming pretty opinionated. I *love* music, and dancing, and climbing, and I’m always dragging books over for people to read to me. I’ve started getting a little bit clingy to Mommy, but I’m pretty social and smile at everyone.
Baby Center took its milestone charts offline for some reason, but I still have the one from when Cole was my age, so when we can peek at how I match up:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Play with ball – Yes. I *love* to play catch – I’m not super great at throwing, though.
- Uses three words regularly – No. I say “Cole” once in a while, but that’s about it.
- Walks backward – Maybe? Mommy’s not sure…
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Scribbles with a crayon – Yup!
- Runs – I’m still a little wobbly, but I do like to chase Cole around, and run around with the big kids at his school.
- Adopts “no” as his favorite word – Not really.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- “Helps” around the house – It is not tremendously helpful to pull all of the DVDs off the shelves and dump ALL of the toys on the floor, but I *will* help clean up when asked. I love to put toys in a bucket!