I’m inching my way closer to my 3rd birthday – AND my birthday party… so Mommy, of course, is busy planning. Originally, Mommy was going to do a dinosaur theme – mostly because Suzanne already did one and we can steal all of her ideas. Plus, then Suzanne sent us a whole big box of dino stuff! BUT, then I started talking all about how I wanted a tea party. So NOW, we are planning a dinosaur tea party! Fun.
At 33 months, I’m 27-ish pounds, 35″ tall, and still slipping out of my 2T shorts. I’ve finally figured out how to open my bedroom door so nap time has totally bitten the dust. Mommy bought those baby proofing doorknob cover thingies and those kept me contained for all of 3.2 seconds until I figured out how to take them off… so basically they slow me down in the morning, but I’m not being contained.
Checking in with the BabyCenter milestones:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Names one color – One? BabyCenter, please. I can name the whole rainbow and then some!
- Names one friend – I’m way more popular than that. Max, Trey, Sawyer – these are just *some* of my posse.
- Carries on a simple conversation – Absolutely – I’m a chatty, chatty guy.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Alternates feet going up and down stairs – Up, for sure. Mommy’s not so sure about down; I’m usually WAY ahead of her!
- Uses prepositions – Yup.
- Speaks clearly most of the time (75% can be understood) – 75% sounds about right. Every day I’m getting clearer and clearer…
- Stacks 8 blocks – TEN. And then? I knock them down. Bwahahahaha!
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Is toilet trained during the day – Not even close. That’s a summer project, which Mommy is not particularly looking forward to.
- Wiggles thumb – Maybe? I’m not even sure I’ve ever tried.
- Expresses a wide range of emotions – and all in the space of 10 seconds! I have a happy face and an angry face and a mean face and on and on.
- Draws a stick figure – Seriously? Not even. I can do circles now, though.