Hi. Can I first apologize for being a total bloggy slacker? *I* would be all about getting new content up on here, but *someone* (::cough::Mommy::cough::) is all exhausted all the time – apparently growing Squishy has depleted all of her energy?
Couldn’t possibly be because I have given up napping and pretty much run All Day Long, right?
No, I’m going to go with it must be Squishy’s fault.
We have done a TON in the past month, and really haven’t kept you posted on much of it – for example, we got away for the weekend to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge, and I have yet to show you pictures of me pretty much taking over the waterpark – or told you how the nearby town of Lake George TOTALLY shuts down in the winter, so much so that the local McDonald’s was closed! Not that we would have dined there anyway, but who’s ever heard of a seasonal McDonald’s?!
I managed to fall and chip my two front teeth, but caused no major damage. Luckily they’re baby teeth anyway, but we did take a visit to Dr. Andy to check them out…
Let’s see, 27 months stats… While I can get away with 2T shirts in some brands, I’m still mostly rocking 24 month clothes – or even 18 month pants! I wear a size 5 diaper, and have no immediate plans for potty training – especially since most big boy undies don’t come in my size… I weigh between 25 and 26 pounds, and am probably around 33″ tall, but Mommy hasn’t measured me in a while, so don’t quote me on that.
Time to check in with BabyCenter:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Jumps with both feet – Please, Baby Center, give me a challenge! Jumping? Totally old news.
- Opens doors – I can only open the kind with the lever handles. Mommy is not teaching me the other kind either, because you KNOW that will only facilitate midnight escapes!
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Understands descriptions (e.g., big, soft) – Yup. I can compare sizes, colors, and some shapes.
- Draws a vertical line – Sometimes. Get off my back with the drawing milestones, BC! Some of us are more athletically than artistically inclined.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Starts to recognize ABCs – Not entirely sure what you mean by this; I ALWAYS tell Mommy when I see text (on signs, in books, on shirts, etc.), but I can only pick out a few letters consistently. I’m pretty good at finding C’s and S’s, but I’m not going to be alphabetizing my picture books anytime soon.
- Balances on one foot – I’m not really positive I’ve even tried this, but Mommy’s pretty sure if I wanted to, I could. Is this something we’re supposed to be working on? Should I be practicing yoga in the time that was formerly reserved for napping?