Mommy is TOTALLY not ready for winter. SQUISHY IS COMING THIS WINTER. 3rd trimester, what?!
October went by so quickly that I can’t even think of what we did, even though it certainly feels like we were always running somewhere… A consultation with our Google calendar reveals that in the past 30 days, Mommy and I have trekked to six doctor’s appointments and seven rehearsals, and I said bye bye to my crib. We found out Squishy is going to be a girl and celebrated the Jewish New Year. I made my Parent’s Magazine debut and Mommy and Daddy went out for their 3rd anniversary.
We are still praying for Grandpa in the ICU.
At 26 months, I am still *not quite* 25 pounds, and my clothes are all in the 18-24 month range (except when we haven’t done laundry in a while, when I’ve been known to rock 12 months pants).
These BabyCenter milestones will look familiar since, apparently, at the ripe old age of 2 you no longer learn new stuff every month and they group 2 months together…
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Stacks six blocks – Been doing it for months.
- Walks with smooth heel-toe motion – Still mostly running or skipping (or JUMPING) whenever I want to get anywhere, but, yeah, when I walk I move my feet appropriately.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Uses pronouns (e.g. I, me, you) – Meh, sometimes. I definitely prefer to use full names.
- Washes and dries own hands – I *love* to turn the sink on… I’m not totally sure about scrubbing or anything like that.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Speaks clearly most of the time – Yes. I get
complimentscomments *everywhere* we go about how verbal I am. Mommy would appreciate if sometimes I was not quite so loquacious.
- Draws a vertical line – Actually, yes! I have developed a real interest in coloring lately – and I tell Mommy what I drawing. Although, my dragons look an awful lot like my horsies to the casual observer.