Time to check in with Baby Center and see how I’m doing according to their milestone chart!
Before we get to that, let’s just check in with how I’ve been growing… don’t have my specific stats because I don’t go see Dr. Andy until Tuesday (we’ll check back in with my updated height and weight), but Mommy says I *seem* bigger. I’m still in my 12 month clothes (with some occasional 9 month pants when we have to do laundry) , size 3 Pampers, and size 5.5 or 6 shoe. I have all my teeth except my two year molars, and I am pretty much on solid food entirely – but I still like a bedtime bottle and the accompanying snuggle time. I love, love, LOVE Panera macaroni and cheese, AND cranberries are a new favorite food. And, and, AND I sleep through the night more often than not now! (Although that means I usually eschew any sort of daytime nap… Mommy looks like SHE could use one, but I’m too busy running mostly.)
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Play with ball – Yup! I like to roll it mostly, but sometimes I throw it, too – usually straight down.
- Uses three words regularly – Do animal noises count? Because then I’d be more like 35 or so… but real words? Mommy, Daddy, juice, more, sock, no, Henry (Hen-nee), hi, bye, night, up, down, uh-oh, baboon, crocodile, cool, please, bubbles… Yeah, I’d say I use 3 words regularly.
- Walks backward – Well, that’s not the most efficient way to get anywhere and I’d totally rather run, but I guess I CAN.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Scribbles with a crayon – Nibbles on a crayon? Yes. Scribbles? Not so much.
- Runs – Almost faster than Mommy!
- Adopts “no” as his favorite word – That depends. I love SAYING “no” – I tell Henry “no” all the time, and it’s pretty much my default answer to any question… but when Mommy says it? NOT my favorite. I don’t like HEARING “no” one little bit.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- “Helps” around the house – Sure, I guess. I “help” reorganize Mommy & Daddy’s DVDs all the time. And I “help” Mommy unload the silverware from the dishwasher (indiscriminately – dirty OR clean!). And I “help” Daddy cook, of course. But if you remove those quotation marks, I’m not sure…
- Puts his finger to his mouth and says “shhhh” – Seriously? I’m the one making all the noise!