Pretty much everyone who has known me more than 5 minutes knows I do not cook; I have neither the talent nor the affinity for it. It’s just not my thing – and as long as there is someone else around to feed me and/or takeout available, I didn’t really see it as a priority.
I could make spaghetti with jarred sauce, boxed mac & cheese, or reheat leftovers, but that’s pretty much the extent of it if I’m put in charge of dinner.
Enter the magic of the Instant Pot. My love for this device nears religious devotion. I find myself proselytizing my friends: “have you heard the good word about pressure cookers?”
To say I love it is something of an understatement – I have taken on meal planning and preparation for one night of the week and I am an Instant Pot Savant. It’s awesome!
So. If you are on the fence about an Instant Pot: DO IT.
Here are a few of the things I’ve succesfully made (and if I can, SERIOUSLY anyone can):
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Bacon Gruyere Egg Bites
- Oatmeal (I stirred in caramel, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes)
- Zuppa Toscana
- Beef Stroganoff
- Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Tortellini Tomato Soup
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
Finally, I made this Bacon Spaghetti from a TikTok recipe and I can’t find the video now, but I had written it down. This recipe will kill you, and I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that we ate it, but if you are ever on death row and need a final meal idea, here you go:
- Pour 4 cups chicken broth into IP.
- Add 1 tbsp minced garlic (always MORE garlic), 1 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream and 8 tbsp butter cut in small cubes.
- pepper to taste
- 16 oz spaghetti, cut in half – add liquid if it doesn’t cover all the pasta.
- Manual pressure, 6 mins
- Natural release 7 minutes
- Stir in 6 Oz bag of grated parmesan
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Stir and let sit for 5 mins.