Let me just take a second to congratulate our friend Jessica for winning the 4-pack of tickets to the circus tonight – if you didn’t win, you can purchase tickets AND get access to the pre-show here.
So. Lulu is closing in on 2 years old quicker than Mommy is prepared for, and is less and less of a baby. I keep telling Mommy once Baby Lulu is a big girl we will need a new baby, but I don’t think she’s taking me seriously.
Lulu is definitely a second child – her vocabulary has been growing in leaps and bounds, but Mommy didn’t really notice until we looked back at my 21 month post, and noticed how babyish I was… Although she does have a bunch of words, her pronunciation could use some improvement – her “frog” rhymes with “luck” and is super embarassing to Mommy when we are out in public. For nearly a week, Mommy couldn’t understand why her darling daughter kept telling her to “suck it,” but then we figured out that she was saying “in a second.” (Yeah, she’s not even 2, and already putting people off!) She gets SUPER mad if I run too far ahead and *shrieks* “weh la!” (red light? wait up?) or “coming!”
Lulu *loves* to dance and sing – she rivals me for volume and enthusiasm, and is better with rhythm…even if she doesn’t really know the words to any songs.
She loves wearing a backpack and walking around the house pretending to go off to school, and she HATES when I *do* go to school – she spends the whole day waiting for me to get out!
Lulu is rocking a fall wardrobe in size 24 months, which she will likely be wearing for at least a little while – she could probably get away with her 18 month size pants in the waist, but they would be way too short. We just retired her old shoes and got some in her newest size (7).
She eats EVERYTHING, and especially loves chocolate. You’d better watch her, though – she’s a giant mess. Her clothes are perpetually dripped upon, and she draws on her face every chance she gets. I’m pretty sure she has highlighter all over her cheeks in our family pictures…
Time to check in with BabyCenter:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Can walk up stairs – Up? Yes. Down – she tries to take a flying leap. Mommy blames me, since I usually skip the last few steps.
- Able to set simple goals (e.g., deciding to put a toy in a certain place) – She makes a LOT of decisions. She’s kind of bossy, too.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Throws a ball overhand – She doesn’t have great aim, but I’m pretty sure she throws.
- Kicks ball forward – Yup.
- Stacks six blocks – YES. We *love* to stack the blocks at Grammy Boo’s house.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Names simple picture in a book – Names ALL the pictures in the book.
- Can walk down stairs – She tries to FLY!