30 months. 30 months? 30 months!!
Hold on a second while Mommy hyperventilates.
30 months means I am officially 2 and a half and Mommy has 6 months to plan my next birthday party. We don’t even have a theme! How will she ever not do anything until the week before without a theme to obsess and hunt on Pinterest?
Daddy had a few days off this week so we went on a few adventures; on Saturday we went wild and hit up TWO grocery stores: Whole Foods and the Stew Leonard’s across the street. I had a great time at Whole Foods – there was a little play kitchen area that I hung out in for a while – and Stew Leonard’s started out great (I love pressing the button for the singing Chiquita Banana), but by the time we left I was pretty tired and I threw an AMAZING tantrum on our way out.
Finally, on Wednesday, we went to the Norwalk Aquarium. Remember how last time we went I wasn’t so much in love with the meerkats? (If you weren’t around in June of 2010, you’ll want to check out the video in that link. Go ahead, I’ll wait.) This time? I *loved* them! I think going in and out of the tunnel in their exhibit was the highlight of my day!
Checking in with BabyCenter to see how I measure up – these might be kind of boring since they’re the same milestones as 29 months:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Brushes teeth with help – When I’m on the mood.
- Washes and dries own hands – Yes!
- Draws a vertical line – No. You know what I *can* draw? Horizontal lines. On the wall. All the way down the hallway. Mommy? is not totally thrilled that you keep pushing me to explore my artistic side, BabyCenter.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Draws a circle – See above. There was a flourish of some kind at the end of my hallway length masterpiece, but it wasn’t perfectly circular.
- Balances on one foot – Yup.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Puts on a t-shirt – Ha! I won’t even SIT UP while Mommy puts my shirts on. I *do* put my arms in, though. Also? I can AVOID shirt-putting-on like a champ.
- Names one color – I can name WAY more than one color. My favorites are blue and yellow.
- Names one friend – I can name lots. I am a popular guy.
And, just because I know you all want to see her and I’m pretty nice, here’s a picture of my baby sister: