Usually, when it’s time to check in with a milestone post, Mommy and I look back at the month and wonder where it went so fast – notsomuch this December. We are SO ready to be done with 2011; Mommy doesn’t feel well and isn’t playing with me so much. That’s not cramping my style TOO much – I’ve gone to the Botanical Gardens with Coach, ice skating with Aunt Debbie & Amy, and an open house at the animal center with Daddy – but the huge alteration to my routine has left me vaguely cranky.
Combine that with the general craziness of the holiday season and the general malaise that comes with any 3rd trimester (even those that are “normal”) and we can’t wait for January to get here. Seriously. Also? We’re seriously late with this monthday post, but I turned 28 months on Christmas Eve and it’s been kind of busy since…
We *did* make the best of it, and had a lovely, quiet holiday; Daddy made Mommy latkes with carrots and zucchini to celebrate Hanukkah, and I looked forward to adding a candle every night – and we spent Christmas with Uncle David & Aunt Angela, Aunt Rebecca, Grandma, and Aunt Angela’s parents, John & Jeanette – I have been spoiled ROTTEN over the past week or so, and will have to make a separate post about my Hanukkah haul.
So, on to the BabyCenter milestones:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Jumps with both feet – Yes. For sure.
- Opens doors – I have successfully opened my bedroom door *once* and *I* was superproud, but Mommy did not seem psyched…
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Understands descriptions (e.g., big, soft) – Uh huh.
- Draws a vertical line – I still hate these BC drawing milestones – quit trying to hamper my creativity! I don’t have to draw lines if I don’t want to…
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Starts to recognize ABCs – I know when there are letters on signs and shirts and stuff, but I don’t know what all of them are.
- Balances on one foot – Since the BC charts start working bimonthly after you hit the ripe old age of 2, we saw this on last month’s check in, too. Mommy totally meant to test me on this (we’re almost positive I can do it, but have never actually tried), but it slipped our minds. Sorry – someone remind me if you catch me on Twitter and we’ll go for it.