Yesterday? will go down in history as the date that I skied for the very first time – when I win Olympic Gold, these pictures will be in the news, you know in a feature story or whatever – so you can all say you knew me when!
It was unseasonably warm yesterday – it was about 50 degrees, which means Mommy severely overestimated the amount of layers I’d need when she packed my ski bag.
Here’s what I wore:
1. My Sesame Street helmet – you guys? I totally love my special hat. I literally wander around the house with it on occasionally.
2. A thematically appropriate thermal knit shirt
3. My jacket and snowpants – which Daddy got on end of season clearance sale for $16!
4. My snow boots – I wore both of them. Mommy is *really* hoping the other one fell out of the bag in her car, and didn’t get lost at the mountain. 🙁
5. Ski socks – These are the tiniest ski socks Mommy has ever seen, but they’re still giant on me. They were thigh high!
Here’s the extras we packed:
1. My penguin hat – I probably *could* have fit this under my helmet, but it wouldn’t have been easy… and I would have died of the heat!
2. Tons of layers – light cotton pants, fleece pants, a long sleeve tee, AND a sweater? Totally unnecessary.
3. THREE pairs of mittens – Actually, looking back at the pictures, I *did* wear one of the pairs for a little while, but mostly they dangled from my wrists as usual. I don’t like mittens – and why on earth would I need 3 pairs?!
So. I was clearly ready to go.
Are you ready, by the way? Because there are a TON of pictures here – and a video as a bonus for those of you who stick with me until the end!
First, Coach helped me put on my skis. I was not really super-thrilled. I like to run, and you know what? You can’t really run in skis.
Then, Coach showed me how to duck walk up the hill a little way and skied down with me a few times. Mommy’s guessing Coach might be a little sore this morning.
And then? We stopped fooling around and got to ride the ski lift!
… and headed back to the lift line!
While Coach carried me most of the time, my skis *did* hit the snow – here is my first ever ski run!
Thanks for taking me to the mountain, Coach! I hope we find my boot because my ice skates strap over them and we haven’t made it to the rink yet!
OMG I just DIED from the cute! DIED!!!!!
His little winter gear, his little skis… AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW…………
And Coach? He is obviously super duper talented (I'm happy I make it down the hill carrying my own body weight LOL) and omg he's gonna be sore today!!!
Looks like a blast. Hope you find the other boot!
Looks like some good first tracks Cole! Let me know when you start training year round and we'll do some skiing in the Southern Hemisphere together…
that is AWESOME!!! what a brave little guy!
Great picture. I am new follower from Relax & Surf Sunday
Come visit me sometime
PS love your background, I teach preschool, so Eric Carle books are something I am very familiar with 🙂
way to go pinch cheeks
newest follower from the hop
He's so cute!!! I'm your newest follower.
What gorgeous photos. And a brave little soldier too!
Following you after finding you through Sunday blog hops.
Pingback: Conquering the Mountain with Coach » Love the Ludwigs