Yesterday? will go down in history as the date that I skied for the very first time – when I win Olympic Gold, these pictures will be in the news, you know in a feature story or whatever – so you can all say you knew me when!
It was unseasonably warm yesterday – it was about 50 degrees, which means Mommy severely overestimated the amount of layers I’d need when she packed my ski bag.
Here’s what I wore:
2. A thematically appropriate thermal knit shirt
3. My jacket and snowpants – which Daddy got on end of season clearance sale for $16!
4. My snow boots – I wore both of them. Mommy is *really* hoping the other one fell out of the bag in her car, and didn’t get lost at the mountain. 🙁
5. Ski socks – These are the tiniest ski socks Mommy has ever seen, but they’re still giant on me. They were thigh high!
Here’s the extras we packed:
2. Tons of layers – light cotton pants, fleece pants, a long sleeve tee, AND a sweater? Totally unnecessary.
3. THREE pairs of mittens – Actually, looking back at the pictures, I *did* wear one of the pairs for a little while, but mostly they dangled from my wrists as usual. I don’t like mittens – and why on earth would I need 3 pairs?!
So. I was clearly ready to go.
First, Coach helped me put on my skis. I was not really super-thrilled. I like to run, and you know what? You can’t really run in skis.
Thanks for taking me to the mountain, Coach! I hope we find my boot because my ice skates strap over them and we haven’t made it to the rink yet!